The following comprise the exemption categories for the 2023 San Francisco City Golf Championship Pre-Qualifying:
- The Past Ten years of San Francisco City Champions
- 2022 San Francisco City Men’s Championship Match Play Qualifiers
- Top 20 Individuals 2021-2022 NCGA Points Lists
- 2022 NCGA Champions (Amateur, Mid-Amateur, Junior)
- 2022 USGA Event Qualifiers (Amateur, Mid-Amateur, Junior)
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA GOLF ASSOCIATION:
The NCGA has declared that the following divisions will be NCGA Point Events:
- Men’s Championship
- Men’s Senior
- Men’s Super Senior
- Women’s Championship
We also want to take this opportunity to remind players that the SF City Golf Championship is solely operated by the SF Golf Championship Committee. The Northern California Golf Association (NCGA) has more than graciously supplied rules officials to monitor play and to help players with rulings for decades. They have volunteered to assist the SF Golf Committee to help run the tournament but, they do not manage the tournament.
Their involvement has made the entire tournament a much more pleasant, established, and well-organized event. We welcome every single aspect they contribute to the tournament and thank them for their undying efforts over all these years. The NCGA acknowledges the event in as much as allowing NCGA points for several of our divisions.
NOTE: Ties for qualifying spots will be broken by sudden death playoff. Ties for seeding shall be broken by the USGA method of matching scorecards.
All tournament and qualifying rounds will begin at 7:30am unless otherwise noted. Tee times and pairings will be posted at TPC Harding Park and the tournament website at www.sfgolfchampionship.com.
ENTRY FEE AND REFUND POLICY
1. The deadline for entry applications is 5:00pm FEBRUARY 15, 2023.
2. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
3. Players who withdraw before the entry deadline will have their entry fee refunded, minus a $25 administrative fee.
4. There will be no entry fee refunds after FEBRUARY 15, 2023. (This supercedes any policy listed on AmateurGolf.com.)
5. ENTRY FEE INCLUDES ALL GREEN FEES
FEE AND CART POLICY
1. The use of carts is optional for all flights except the Men’s Championship and the Women’s Championship and Inkster Flights, where the use of carts will be prohibited for players and caddies. (Appendix I – Local Rule Applies)
2. Contestants wanting to use a golf cart will be charged the appropriate fees posted at each golf course.
3. Golf carts will be subject to course conditions at the time of play, i.e., cart path only, 90 degree rule, etc.
Disruptive or inappropriate behavior contrary to the good conduct of the tournament in the determination of the Committee will not be tolerated. NO SPECTATOR CARTS!
- Please remain on or near car paths wherever possible
- Please stay at least 10 paces away from putting greens and teeing areas
- Do not talk to players during the round. Any conversation could be viewed as advice
- Make sure cell phones are on SILENT
- Pictures are permitted; however, do not take pictures during a player’s stroke or routine. Make sure your flash is turned off
- Keep up with the players you are following. Do not follow behind players in the fairway as you could be preventing groups from playing