1. A contestant is eligible to play in only one division.
2. USGA Rules will govern all play. Additionally, the SF City Hard Card along with the Notice to Players for each course will be in effect. A copy of these rules will also be available at each course prior to the start of the competition. Normal score cards for the courses will have no status.
3. The Men’s Championship Division finals match will be contested over 36 holes.
4. The Women’s Championship Division finals matches will be contested over 36 holes.
5. The entry fee and tournament application must be submitted simultaneously by the contestant for an entry to be considered official.
6. Beginning in 2021, the defending champion will no longer receive automatic seeding into match play.
7. Practice rounds are available at the course subject to the San Francisco City and County approved green fee rates and current reservation system requirements.
8. All city golf regulations issued by the City and County of San Francisco Recreation and Park Department shall apply.
9. The practice area at TPC Harding Park and Presidio golf courses will open at 6:45am on all tournament days.
10. It is recommended that all players wear appropriate golf attire in accordance with the Hard Card.
11. In the event the Men’s Championship Division, Women’s Championship Division, Senior Men and Super Senior Championship Division is oversubscribed, the field in each division shall be determined by date entry received.
12. The Championship Committee shall have the right to amend the format as reasonably necessary and any and all of its decisions shall be final regarding the competitions, rules and other factors relating to the tournament proper.
ENTRY FEE AND REFUND POLICY
1. The deadline for entry applications is FEBRUARY 19, 2024.
2. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
3. Players who withdraw before the entry deadline will have their entry fee refunded, minus a $50 administrative fee.
4. There will be no entry fee refunds after FEBRUARY 19, 2024. (This supercedes any policy listed on AmateurGolf.com.)
5. ENTRY FEE INCLUDES ALL GREEN FEES
- We play rain or shine. There will be no credits provided due to potentially bad weather -- if you enter be prepared to play. This takes precedence over our refund policy listed above.
- If an entire division is canceled, you will be provided a refund to your credit card (or by check), less a $25 administrative fee, unless you have already withdrawn, in which case the normal refund policy applies.
- If the Men's Pre-Qualifier is canceled, the available qualifying spots will be given to players in the order in which they registered for the pre-qualifier.
All tournament and qualifying rounds will begin at 7:30am unless otherwise noted. Tee times and pairings will be posted at TPC Harding Park and the tournament website at www.sfgolfchampionship.com.
FEE AND CART POLICY
1. The use of carts is optional for all flights except the Men’s Championship and the Women’s Championship and Inkster Flights, where the use of carts will be prohibited for players and caddies. Model Local Rule G-6 as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect. Motorized carts are NOT allowed in Men's and Women's Championship Divisions or the Inkster Flight.
2. Contestants wanting to use a golf cart will be charged the appropriate fees posted at each golf course.
3. Golf carts will be subject to course conditions at the time of play, i.e., cart path only, 90 degree rule, etc.
Disruptive or inappropriate behavior contrary to the good conduct of the tournament in the determination of the Committee will not be tolerated. NO SPECTATOR CARTS.
- Please remain on or near car paths wherever possible
- Please stay at least 10 paces away from putting greens and teeing areas
- Do not talk to players during the round. Any conversation could be viewed as advice
- Make sure cell phones are on silent.
- Pictures are permitted; however, do not take pictures during a player’s stroke or routine. Make sure your flash is turned off
- Keep up with the players you are following. Do not follow behind players in the fairway as you could be preventing groups from playing
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA GOLF ASSOCIATION
The NCGA has declared that the following divisions will be NCGA Point Events:
* Men’s Championship
* Men’s Senior
* Men’s Super Senior
* Women’s Championship
Further, the NCGA will award exemptions into its championships for SF City champions.
We also want to take this opportunity to remind players that the San Francisco City Golf Championship is solely operated by AmateurGolf.com, and overseen by the “SF Golf Championship Committee.” The NCGA has no official capacity in running the tournament, however volunteer officials may be assist the committee with rulings, starting, and other tournament duties.
Ties for qualifying spots for Championship Divisions will be broken by sudden death playoff. Ties for seeding shall be broken by the USGA method of matching scorecards also known as a Scorecard Count Back. Qualifying spots for Senior and Super Senior Divisions will be determined by matching scorecards.
The following comprise the exemption categories for the 2024 San Francisco City Men's Championship:
* The Past Ten years of San Francisco City Champions
* 2023 San Francisco City Men’s Championship Match Play Qualifiers
* Top 20 Individuals 2022-2023 NCGA Points Lists
* 2023 NCGA Champions (Amateur, Mid-Amateur, Junior)
* The top 3 finishers in each of the 6 AmateurGolf.com Winter Tour events (Dec 2023 - Feb 2024)